The bad blood between former UFC light heavyweight champion, (17-1-1) “Suga” Rashad Evans and reigning 205-pound king, (16-1-0) Jon “Bones” Jones has been well documented, which makes for a very entertaining pre-fight press conference!
The UFC and its marketing team are very well aware of this, and thus, decided to put Jones and Evans in the same room to begin hyping one of the most anticipated bouts in MMA history!
UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia, live on Pay-Per-View.
It’s almost hard to believe that after years of schedule complications and unexpected injuries, these former sparring/training partners will settle their score once and for all. This event was initially slated to take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on March 24, 2012.
When the UFC was forced to cancel the show, UFC 146 in Atlanta, became UFC 145, and all the fights on the Montreal card were transferred over to this one — hence, the reason why you’ll find so many Canadians fighting in this card.
Without further ado, here’s how the full fight card for UFC 145 stacks up, and don’t miss the UFC 145 Pre-fight Press Conference between Evans and Jones: UFC 145 Main Card (PPV):
- Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans (UFC light heavyweight championship bout)
- Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills (welterweight bout)
- Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell (heavyweight bout)
- Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman (lightweight bout)
UFC 145 Preliminary Card (FX):
- Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald (bantamweight bout)
- Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements (welterweight bout)
- Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco (featherweight bout)